|Subtitle||Application of AI to a real-world business case|
|Current number of participants||14|
|expected number of participants||20|
|Home institute||Prof. Dr. Daniel Veit – Betriebswirtschaftslehre mit Schwerpunkt Information Systems und Management|
|Courses type||Seminar in category Teaching|
|First date||Thu , 19.11.2020 08:15 - 11:45, Room: (online)|
Master (i)BWL/EPP/DFM: Major/Minor Strategy & Information
Master GBM: Concentration: Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Master REWI: SP: Unternehmen und Management
Master WIN: Major/Minor: Operations, Finanz- und Informationsmanagement
|Pre-requisites||A basic understanding of organizational processes and information systems in firms. Fundamental knowledge of statistics.|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Instructions for applying via Digicampus
APPLICATION period will start on the 2nd and end on the 12th of November 2020.
Admission announcement: 13.11.2020
• Thu, 19.11.2020, 8:15-11:45: Session 1 + Business case introduction (SWA)
• Thu, 26.11.2020, 8:15-11:45: Sessions 2 + 3
• Thu, 03.12.2020, 8:15-11:45: Sessions 4 + 5
• Fri, 18.12.2020, 9:00-10:00
• Thu, 28.01.2021, 14:00-17:00
Submission of project report:
• Thu, 04.02.2021, 12:00
Join this Digicampus group in order to APPLY for the Artificial Intelligence in Business Seminar at the Chair of Information Systems and Management (Prof. Dr. Veit).
All students will be TENTATIVELY admitted to this Digicampus Group.
To proceed with the selection process and to be considered for final admission:
1. download and complete the Excel application form (available in the Digicampus group)
2. upload the Excel application
3. upload your latest Transcript of Records (Notenauszug)
After the application deadline and given that all necessary information was provided, students will receive notice on whether they have been selected to write a seminar paper at the chair.
Admitted students will gain final admission and remain in the Digicampus group for further collaboration. Students with declined applications will be removed from the Digicampus group.
* In the Excel Application Form, please provide a short motivation for your topic or field of interest.
* Please make sure to provide a recent transcript of records (STUDIS / Notenauszug).
* Admitted students will receive further details (date, time and location) on the introductory meeting in a separate e-mail.
TEACHING FORMAT VIA ZOOM
Due to the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, we offer kick-off and presentation sessions via zoom which is an additional offer of our chair. The intention is to allow you to participate in an interactive digital format, to ask questions, receive feedback, and learn from your colleague's presentations. Please do not disclose any recorded material from the interactive sessions to third parties outside of this Digicampus group. Besides good conduct this is not permitted (cp. important notice below).
To join the meetings, please use the following link:
Meeting-ID: 923 6892 6139
Important notice regarding this lecture series:
1. Teaching documents: The teaching documents (digital slides, articles, book chapters, ...) are intended for a closed group on Digicampus. All material provided on Digicampus is exclusively intended for the group of students who successfully registered / applied for this course and have been admitted to participate by the professor. Any disclosure of material which has been provided by the professor, lecturer or any participant of the course to third parties outside the group of participants of the course is forbidden.
2. Live-Stream: Additionally to the written material this course is provided as a live stream (as a replacement for kick-off and presentation sessions). The live stream is provided during the specified times of kick-off and presentation sessions via the platform “Zoom”. Zoom allows to participate interactively in online classes on different devices (smartphones, tablets, laptops, smart TVs). In case you would like to participate in the online sessions, please install the Zoom-client software in time (at least 10 minutes before the session starts) on your digital device and connect to the session by clicking on the specified Zoom-meeting link above. Please use your real name as stated on Digicampus for participation in the digital lectures. Any persons who are participating under an alias or nickname are subject to removal from the participants list by the professor / lecturer.
3. Kick-off sessions: Recordings of the kick-off sessions will be provided by the teaching personnel as MP4-files on Digicampus for download. The files will be kept on the Digicampus folder until one year after the session. Own recordings of this session or any other online formats offered by the chair department require the written consent by the individual professor / lecturer (see also Kooperatives Selbstverständnis der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen Fakultät by the Fachschaft). The aim of conducting the kick-off sessions via Zoom is to interact with participants in a live-dialog. Your contributions to the lecture (e.g. audio or video contributions in case you digitally raise your hand and receive audio/video for your contribution) are recorded and thereafter provided to the registered group of participants on Digicampus. By entering a Zoom lecture you implicitly agree on the recording of your potential contributions. Moreover you agree on the disclosure of the recorded material to the other members of the Digicampus group for a 12 months duration.
4. Presentation sessions: The aim of conducting presentation sessions via Zoom is to interact with participants in a live-dialog. Your contributions to the presentation session are NOT recorded. Own recordings of these sessions or any other online formats offered by the chair department require the written consent by the individual professor / lecturer and all participants (see also Kooperatives Selbstverständnis der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen Fakultät by the Fachschaft).
5. No third-party disclosure: The disclosure of any material – in particular the recordings of non-public meetings, lectures or conversations – to third parties (persons outside of the registered group of participants on Digicampus) is not permitted. This material is subject to the copyright of the professor / lecturer and the contributing persons. Moreover, any disclosure invades the personal privacy of the recorded persons and is therefore forbidden.
|Performance record||Kombinierte mündliche Prüfung und Seminararbeit|
|Online/Digitale Veranstaltung||Veranstaltung wird online/digital abgehalten.|
|Literaturhinweise||Initial readings are provided during the course|
- Introduction to AI
- Dispruptive impacts of AI across different industries
- Foundational concepts of AI and different approaches to machine learning
- Data sources for machine learning within and outside of organizations
- Tools and techniques for applying AI in business contexts
- Possibilities and pitfalls when applying AI in functional areas to solve business problems
- Societal, ethical, and legal implications of applying AI in business
- Examination of a real-world business problem
- Exploration and analysis of alternative approaches to apply AI to solve the business problem
- Development of a comprehensive AI solution for the business problem within the team
- Writing the course paper
- Presentation of the proposed solution in a competition format and discussion of the results