Basics of thin film technology: types of thin films (epitaxial, amorphous, exfoliated single crystal, etc), differences to bulk materials, stacking of thin layers, layer coupling mechanisms and their effects
• Thin film growth: basics, surface kinetics, growth mechanisms, induced anisotropy
• Thin film preparation techniques: PLD, sputtering, evaporation, ALD, 2D material exfoliation, etc.
• Analysis and characterization of thin films: SQUID, XRR, MFM, synchrotron techniques, etc.
• Properties and applications of thin films: devices outlook into spintronics
• know a broad spectrum of methods of thin film technology and material properties and applications of thin films
• have the competence to deal with current problems in the field of thin film technology largely autonomous
• are able to choose the right substrates and thin film materials for epitaxial thin film growth to achieve desired application conditions
• aquire skills of combining the various technologies for growing thin layers with respect to their properties and applications
• aquire scientific soft skills to search for scientific literature, unterstand technical english, work with literature in the field of thin films, interpret experimental results
Room: 403 S (EKM-building)
The course is part of admission "Zeitgesteuerte Anmeldung: Physics of Thin Films".
The following rules apply for the admission:
The enrolment is possible from 26.09.2022, 00:00 to 31.10.2022, 23:59.