|Subtitle||Application for Seminar Papers at Chair of Information Systems and Management (Prof. Dr. Veit)|
|Current number of participants||2|
|expected number of participants||18|
|Home institute||Prof. Dr. Daniel Veit – Betriebswirtschaftslehre mit Schwerpunkt Information Systems und Management|
|Courses type||Seminar in category Teaching|
|Next date||Wed , 27.10.2021 14:15 - 15:45, Room: (J 1109)
* Basic knowledge of the topics (e.g., from attending our lectures) is beneficial.
* Working knowledge of English is necessary to understand the literature provided as well as to write the seminar paper and to present one's findings.
* We furthermore recommend attending introductory courses offered by the university library.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Instructions for applying via Digicampus
Seminar topics: Please see folder "(0) Seminar topics"
APPLICATION period will start on the 18th and end on the 24th of October 2021.
Admission announcement: 26.10.2021
Kick-Off: 27.10.2021, 14:15-15:45 (J 1109)
Interim presentation: 19.01.2022, 14:15-18:45 (J 1101/02)
Join this Digicampus group in order to APPLY for the Information Systems Research Seminar at the Chair of Information Systems and Management (Prof. Dr. Veit).
All students will be TENTATIVELY admitted to this Digicampus Group.
To proceed with the selection process and to be considered for final admission:
1. download and complete the Excel application form (available in the Digicampus group)
2. upload the Excel application
3. upload your latest Transcript of Records (Notenauszug)
After the application deadline and given that all necessary information was provided, students will receive notice on whether they have been selected to write a seminar paper at the chair.
Admitted students will gain final admission and remain in the Digicampus group for further collaboration. Students with declined applications will be removed from the Digicampus group.
* In the Excel Application Form, please provide a short motivation for your topic or field of interest.
* Please make sure to provide a recent transcript of records (STUDIS / Notenauszug).
* Admitted students will receive further details (date, time and location) on the introductory meeting in a separate e-mail.
|Performance record||Written Seminar Paper and Presentation|
|Online/Digitale Veranstaltung||Veranstaltung wird online/digital abgehalten.|
|Literaturhinweise||Initial readings are provided during the seminar|
|Miscellanea||Upon the successful completion of this module, students have a basic understanding of empirical research in information systems. Topics will be chosen and assigned to students to familiarize them with the information systems research discipline. These topics include IT innovation, IT adoption and continuance, digital strategy, business models, pricing, cloud computing, information privacy, electronic healthcare and others. Students learn how to conduct, write and present a systematic and academic literature review on their individually assigned topic. By doing so, students gain a fundamental understanding of the principles of empirical academic work and obtain the ability to systematically and independently address a research topic. Accordingly, the knowledge and methodological skills acquired in this seminar are a necessary foundation to write a master thesis at the chair. Besides fostering analytical thinking, this seminar will also facilitate the improvement of English skills, as the entire seminar is held in English. Thus, after the successful completion of this module, students will have improved their writing, presentation and discussion skills in English.|