This supplementary course to the lecture "Introduction to English Linguistics" is meant to instruct students of English to engage in academic work; more precisely to write academic termin papers in linguistics. Amongst others, we will discuss the following questions:
- What are the key essentials of academic work?
- Where can I find linguistic research literature and how do I compare studies and assess their quality?
- How do I structure and compose a linguistic term paper (introductions, theory sections, conclusions, etc.?
- How do I use and compile spoken or written texts for linguistic analyses?
- How do I construe a working hypothesis?
The course is part of admission "ESW/ASW: Basismodul BA/LA: BÜ".
The following rules apply for the admission:
A defined number of seats will be assigned to these courses.
The seats in the affected courses have been assigned at 29.04.2022 on 18:05. Additional seats may be available via a wait list.
The enrolment is possible from 18.04.2022, 08:00 to 29.04.2022, 18:00.
This setting is active from 18.04.2022 08:00 to 29.04.2022 18:00. Enrolment is allowed for up to 1 courses of the admission set.