|Subtitle||Application for Seminar Papers at the Chair of Information Systems and Management (Prof. Dr. Veit)|
|Current number of participants||6|
|Home institute||Prof. Dr. Daniel Veit – Betriebswirtschaftslehre mit Schwerpunkt Information Systems und Management|
|Courses type||Seminar in category Teaching|
|First date||Thu , 30.04.2020 16:00 - 17:30, Room: (online)|
* Basic knowledge of the topics (e.g., from attending our lectures) is beneficial.
* Working knowledge of English is necessary to understand the literature provided as well as to write the seminar paper and to present one's findings.
* We furthermore recommend attending introductory courses offered by the university library.
APPLICATION period will start on the 20th and end on the 26th of April.
Admission announcement: 28.04.2020
Kick-off: 30.04.2020, 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm (online)
Final presentation: 07.07.2020, 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm (J 1207 or online)
Due to the current situation with the Corona-19 pandemic, the kick-off event will be held fully digitally via the platform “Zoom”. After the kick-off, a recording of the lecture will be uploaded to Digicampus in MP4-format. Hence, students may also view the kick-off ex-post.
The Zoom meeting-code is:
Meeting-ID: 931 1610 0079
Please APPLY via the joint Cluster Digicampus group for seminar applications of the cluster here:
All students will be admitted to the Cluster Digicampus group.
To proceed with the selection process and to be considered for final admission:
1. download and complete the Excel application form (available in the Cluster Digicampus group)
2. upload the completed Excel application form in the Cluster Digicampus group
3. upload your latest Transcript of Records (Notenauszug) in the Cluster Digicampus group
After the application deadline and given that all necessary information was provided, students will receive notice on whether they have been selected to write a seminar paper at the chair.
Admitted students will be added in this Digicampus group for further collaboration.
* In the Excel Application Form, please provide a short motivation for your topic or field of interest.
* Please make sure to provide a recent transcript of records (STUDIS / Notenauszug).
Contact persons for this course:
- Questions regarding content: Adeline Frenzel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Questions regarding the application process via the cluster: Christina Wagner (email@example.com)
|Performance record||Written Seminar Paper and Presentation|
|Online/Digitale Veranstaltung||Veranstaltung wird online/digital abgehalten.|
|Literaturhinweise||All literature for theses is written in English. Hence, all theses and seminars at the chair are written and presented also in English.|
|Miscellanea||Upon the successful completion of this module, students should be able to critically discuss selected research articles pertaining to topics of IT innovation research. By analyzing research that investigates the adoption and spread of IT-based processes, products and services, students familiarize themselves with theoretical models and concepts in the area of IT adoption behavior of individuals and organizations. Students learn how to critically discuss the assigned papers in contrast to previous research and through the identification and analysis of additional academic literature they evaluate how the papers have subsequently affected the work of researchers and practitioners. By writing and presenting an individual seminar paper, in which they systematically report their approach and findings, students learn how to structure and analyze scientific problems. Thus, methodological skills acquired in this seminar are crucial for writing a bachelor thesis at the chair. Besides fostering analytical thinking, this seminar will also facilitate the improvement of English skills, as the entire seminar is held in English. Thus, after the successful completion of this module, students will have improved their writing, presentation and discussion skills in English.|