|Current number of participants||121|
|Home institute||Prof. Dr. Daniel Veit – Betriebswirtschaftslehre mit Schwerpunkt Information Systems und Management|
|Courses type||Vorlesung + Übung in category Teaching|
|First date||Wed , 04.11.2020 12:15 - 13:45, Room: (online)|
|Participants||NOTE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: the courses "Management Information Systems" and "Information Systems and Business Modeling" CANNOT be combined|
|Pre-requisites||Recommended semester: 3rd semester and above|
TEACHING FORMAT VIA ZOOM
Due to the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, we offer a digital lecture series via zoom which is an additional offer of our chair. The intention is to allow you to participate in an interactive digital format and ask questions about the lecture material. Please do not disclose any recorded material from the interactive sessions to third parties outside of the Digicampus group of the lecture series. Besides good conduct this is not permitted (cp. important notice below).
Join the zoom meeting through this link: https://uni-augsburg.zoom.us/j/99449483631?pwd=YzBYNFNGYjlZaXZsb0sxVjJTSEVkZz09
Important notice regarding this lecture series:
1. Teaching documents: The teaching documents (digital slides, articles and book chapters) are intended for a closed group on Digicampus. All material provided on Digicampus is exclusively intended for the group of students who successfully registered for this course and have been admitted to participate by the professor. Any disclosure of material which has been provided by the professor, lecturer or any participant of the course to third parties outside the group of participants of the course is forbidden.
2. Preparation for the exam: The preparation for the written exam of this course can be accomplished solely based on the written material provided on Digicampus (i.e. lecture slides and mandatory literature for each chapter). Additionally offered material, which is not relevant for the exam (folder additional literature in each chapter) can be used to deepen certain topics e.g. in order to prepare for a thesis in this domain.
3. Live-Stream: Additionally to the written material this course is provided as a live stream (as a replacement for the physical lecture). The live stream is provided during the specified times of the lectures and exercises online via the platform “Zoom”. Zoom allows to participate interactively in online classes on different devices (smartphones, tablets, laptops, smart TVs). In case you would like to participate in the online lectures please install the Zoom-client software in time (at least 10 minutes before the lecture start) on your digital device and connect to the lecture by clicking on the specified Zoom-meeting link above. Please use your real name as stated on Digicampus for participation in the digital lectures. Any persons who are participating under an alias or nickname are subject to removal from the participants list by the professor / lecturer.
4. Recordings: Recordings of all lectures will be provided by the teaching personnel as MP4-files on Digicampus on the day after the lecture for download. The files will be kept on the Digicampus folder until one year after the lecture (i.e. after the re-take exam has been conducted). Own recordings of lectures or any other online formats offered by the chair department require the written consent by the individual professor / lecturer (see also Kooperatives Selbstverständnis der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen Fakultät by the Fachschaft). Exercises will NOT be recorded.
5. Active participation: The aim of conducting lectures via Zoom is to interact with participants in a live-dialog. Your contributions to the lecture (e.g. audio or video contributions in case you digitally raise your hand and receive audio/video for your contribution) are recorded and thereafter provided to the registered group of participants on Digicampus. By entering a Zoom lecture you implicitly agree on the recording of your potential contributions. Moreover you agree on the disclosure of the recorded material to the other members of the Digicampus group for a 12 months duration.
6. No third-party disclosure: The disclosure of any material – in particular the recordings of non-public meetings, lectures or conversations – to third parties (persons outside of the registered group of participants on Digicampus) is not permitted. This material is subject to the copyright of the professor / lecturer and the contributing persons. Moreover, any disclosure invades the personal privacy of the recorded persons and is therefore forbidden.
|Performance record||Exam (90 min.) is offered every semester|
|Online/Digitale Veranstaltung||Veranstaltung wird online/digital abgehalten.|
Laudon und Laudon (2017): Management Information Systems, Global Edition 15/e, ISBN: 9781292211756, Pearson
Osterwalder und Pigneur (2010): Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers, ISBN: 9780470876411, John Wiley & Sons
|Miscellanea||Aim of this course is to enable students to understand the foundations of information systems together with their benefits and impacts for and on firms and society. Based on these foundations, competences are developed in the area of business processes and business modeling to plan, develop, and use such systems strategically in existing companies and startups.|