|Heimat-Einrichtung||Prof. Dr. Daniel Veit – Betriebswirtschaftslehre mit Schwerpunkt Information Systems und Management|
|Veranstaltungstyp||Seminar in der Kategorie Lehre|
|Erster Termin||Mi , 30.01.2019 15:30 - 19:00, Ort: (J 2102)|
All others: Please contact Manuel Trenz (email@example.com) to check whether you are eligible.
* Basic knowledge of the topics (e.g., from attending our lectures) is beneficial.
* Working knowledge of English is necessary to understand the literature provided as well as to write the seminar paper and to present one's findings.
* We furthermore recommend attending introductory courses offered by the university library.
APPLICATION period will start on the 15th and end on the 21nd of October.
Admission announcement: 23.10.2018
Kick-off: 25.10.2018, 2-3:30pm
Final presentation: 30.01.2019, 3:30-7pm, room J 2101
Please APPLY via the joint Digicampus group for seminar applications of the cluster here:
Join this Digicampus group in order to APPLY for the seminar.
All students will be TENTATIVELY admitted to this Digicampus Group.
To proceed with the selection process and to be considered for final admission:
1. download and complete the Excel application form (available in the Digicampus group)
2. upload the completed Excel application form
3. upload your latest Transcript of Records (Notenauszug)
After the application deadline and given that all necessary information was provided, students will receive notice on whether they have been selected to write a seminar paper at the chair.
Admitted students will gain final admission and remain in the Digicampus group for further collaboration. Students with declined applications will be removed from the Digicampus group.
* In the Excel Application Form, please provide a short motivation for your topic or field of interest.
* Please make sure to provide a recent transcript of records (STUDIS / Notenauszug).
|Leistungsnachweis||Written Seminar Paper and Presentation|
|Literaturhinweise||All literature for theses is written in English. Hence, all theses and seminars at the chair are written and presented also in English.|
|Sonstiges||Upon the successful completion of this module, students should be able to critically discuss selected research articles pertaining to topics of IT innovation research. By analyzing research that investigates the adoption and spread of IT-based processes, products and services, students familiarize themselves with theoretical models and concepts in the area of IT adoption behavior of individuals and organizations. Students learn how to critically discuss the assigned papers in contrast to previous research and through the identification and analysis of additional academic literature they evaluate how the papers have subsequently affected the work of researchers and practitioners. By writing and presenting an individual seminar paper, in which they systematically report their approach and findings, students learn how to structure and analyze scientific problems. Thus, methodological skills acquired in this seminar are crucial for writing a bachelor thesis at the chair. Besides fostering analytical thinking, this seminar will also facilitate the improvement of English skills, as the entire seminar is held in English. Thus, after the successful completion of this module, students will have improved their writing, presentation and discussion skills in English.|
|Aktuelle Anzahl der Teilnehmenden||8|