|Course name||Project seminar: Cases in Simulation|
|Current number of participants||16|
|expected number of participants||15|
|Home institute||Prof. Dr. Jens Brunner - Health Care Operations / Health Information Management|
|participating institutes||Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät|
|Courses type||Project seminar in category Teaching|
|First date||Thu., 22.04.2021 14:15 - 17:45|
|Participants||Homework/Assignment: We will assign a total of approximately 5 problem sets, focused on data analysis and simulation modeling with AnyLogic. Each problem set is designed to build upon the material covered in the preceding lectures. The homework assignments will be prepared by teams consisting of up to three students.|
|Pre-requisites||Basic knowledge in operations management (e.g. BSc course "Produktion und Logistik"), basic knowledge in mathematics (including Linear Programming, e.g. BSc course "Mathematik I + II") and in statistics (probability distributions, e.g. BSc courses "Statistik I + II").|
|Learning organisation||All course topics are introduced in the class by a lecture and tutorials. Students solve assignment-sheets in groups of three and can get assistance from a tutor during the week.|
Course assessment consists of the following parts:
• Results of assignment-sheets (as a group)
• Presentation (individually)
• In-class participation (individually)
Since every course is part of the course assignment, it's necessary to be present on each of the six lecture-dates!
|Online/Digitale Veranstaltung||Veranstaltung wird online/digital abgehalten.|
Banks J, Carson JS, Nelson BL and Nicol DM: Discrete-Event System Simulation, Prentice Hall.
Law A: Simulation Modeling and Analysis, McGraw-Hill.
Latest versions of the books are relevant. Other literature will be announced in the course.
Please note that for enrolling in this course you have to fill out the following two documents and send them to Alexander Horn at email@example.com by Wednesday, 14 April 2021.
1. Consent to take the examination performance via the web conferencing system Zoom of the University of Augsburg. You can find the .pdf file named "Einwilligungserklärung_SIM.pdf" from "Files" (link: https://digicampus.uni-augsburg.de/dispatch.php/course/files?cid=d0a41d81833046fcd2479b85d816547e)
2. The MS Excel file named "Bewerbung_Name.xlsx" can be downloaded from "Files" (link: https://digicampus.uni-augsburg.de/dispatch.php/course/files?cid=d0a41d81833046fcd2479b85d816547e)