|Subtitle||Application for Final Theses at Chair of Information Systems and Management (Prof. Dr. Veit)|
|Current number of participants||5|
|Home institute||Prof. Dr. Daniel Veit – Betriebswirtschaftslehre mit Schwerpunkt Information Systems und Management|
|Courses type||Seminar in category Teaching|
Master Informatik und Informationswirtschaft
All others: Please contact Adeline Frenzel (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check whether you are eligible.
* Students are required to have successfully completed (at least) one research seminar (proven via STUDIS transcript), preferably at the Chair of Information Systems and Management. If the seminar was not taken at the chair, the research focus of the seminar paper may be subject to verification by the chair and students should contact the chair ideally before application.
* Successfully passed at least one examination of a lecture of the chair.
* The student assures his participation at the kick-off event.
* Basic knowledge of the topics (e.g., from attending our lectures) is beneficial.
* Working knowledge of English is necessary to understand the literature provided as well as to write the thesis and to present one's findings.
* We furthermore recommend attending introductory courses offered by the university library.
Due to the current situation with the Corona-19 pandemic the master thesis dispositions will be held fully digitally via the platform “Zoom” on Tuesday, 08th of December 2020, starting at 02:15 pm (you have received detailed information via email)
The Zoom link is: https://uni-augsburg.zoom.us/j/97263631604?pwd=QXlaekVnZGhNdm0vSU9GTDhOaTFtUT09
Join this group in order to apply for a MASTER Thesis at the Chair of Information Systems & Management (Prof. Dr. Veit).
APPLICATION period will start on the 18th October and end on the 01st of November 2020.
Admission announcement: 02.11.2020
Kick-off: 04.11.2020, 02:15pm - 03:45pm (online)
Disposition: 08.12.2020, 02:15pm - 06:00pm (online)
Interim presentation: 16.02.2021, 02:15pm - 06:00pm (online)
All students will be TENTATIVELY admitted to this Digicampus Group.
To proceed with the selection process and to be considered for final admission, each student is required
1. to download and complete the Excel application form (available in the Digicampus group)
2. to upload the Excel application
3. to upload her/his latest Transcript of Records (Notenauszug)
After the application deadline and given that all necessary information was provided, students will receive notice on whether they have been selected to write a thesis at the chair.
Admitted students will gain final admission and remain in the Digicampus group for further collaboration. Students with declined applications will be removed from the Digicampus group.
* In the Excel Application Form, please provide a short motivation for your topic or field of interest.
* Also in the Excel form, please give details on at least one seminar that you have passed and supply your seminar topic and the associated chair. Passing of at least one seminar is a mandatory requirement for an application.
* In case you have not conducted your seminar at this chair, the chair might ask you additionally to send your your seminar paper for a check of eligibility.
* Please make sure to provide a recent transcript of records (STUDIS / Notenauszug).
TEACHING FORMAT VIA ZOOM
Due to the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, we offer kick-off and presentation sessions via zoom which is an additional offer of our chair. The intention is to allow you to participate in an interactive digital format, to ask questions, receive feedback, and learn from your colleague's presentations. Please do not disclose any recorded material from the interactive sessions to third parties outside of this Digicampus group. Besides good conduct this is not permitted (cp. important notice below).
Important notice regarding this lecture series:
1. Teaching documents: The teaching documents (digital slides, articles, book chapters, ...) are intended for a closed group on Digicampus. All material provided on Digicampus is exclusively intended for the group of students who successfully registered / applied for this course and have been admitted to participate by the professor. Any disclosure of material which has been provided by the professor, lecturer or any participant of the course to third parties outside the group of participants of the course is forbidden.
2. Live-Stream: Additionally to the written material this course is provided as a live stream (as a replacement for kick-off and presentation sessions). The live stream is provided during the specified times of kick-off and presentation sessions via the platform “Zoom”. Zoom allows to participate interactively in online classes on different devices (smartphones, tablets, laptops, smart TVs). In case you would like to participate in the online sessions, please install the Zoom-client software in time (at least 10 minutes before the session starts) on your digital device and connect to the session by clicking on the specified Zoom-meeting link above. Please use your real name as stated on Digicampus for participation in the digital lectures. Any persons who are participating under an alias or nickname are subject to removal from the participants list by the professor / lecturer.
3. Kick-off session: Recordings of the kick-off session will be provided by the teaching personnel as MP4-files on Digicampus for download. The files will be kept on the Digicampus folder until one year after the session. Own recordings of this session or any other online formats offered by the chair department require the written consent by the individual professor / lecturer (see also Kooperatives Selbstverständnis der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen Fakultät by the Fachschaft). The aim of conducting the kick-off session via Zoom is to interact with participants in a live-dialog. Your contributions to the lecture (e.g. audio or video contributions in case you digitally raise your hand and receive audio/video for your contribution) are recorded and thereafter provided to the registered group of participants on Digicampus. By entering a Zoom lecture you implicitly agree on the recording of your potential contributions. Moreover you agree on the disclosure of the recorded material to the other members of the Digicampus group for a 12 months duration.
4. Presentation sessions: The aim of conducting presentation sessions via Zoom is to interact with participants in a live-dialog. Your contributions to the presentation session are NOT recorded. Own recordings of these sessions or any other online formats offered by the chair department require the written consent by the individual professor / lecturer and all participants (see also Kooperatives Selbstverständnis der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen Fakultät by the Fachschaft).
5. No third-party disclosure: The disclosure of any material – in particular the recordings of non-public meetings, lectures or conversations – to third parties (persons outside of the registered group of participants on Digicampus) is not permitted. This material is subject to the copyright of the professor / lecturer and the contributing persons. Moreover, any disclosure invades the personal privacy of the recorded persons and is therefore forbidden.
|Performance record||Written Thesis and Presentation|
|Online/Digitale Veranstaltung||Veranstaltung wird online/digital abgehalten.|
|Literaturhinweise||All literature for theses is written in English. Hence, all theses and seminars at the chair are written and presented also in English.|
|Miscellanea||You will have the opportunity to present your work in a midterm presentation and to discuss your topics with other students. The annotations and suggestions from the group will help you to improve your thesis concepts. In the final presentation you have the opportunity to present your work to an audience of specialists.|