The seminar will address recent trends and classical results from the fields of scientific computing,
numerical analysis, mathematical modelling, and ordinary and partial differential equations.
Possible topics for presentations are:
- Numerical methods for integrals with highly oscillatory integrands
- Numerical solution and analysis of delayed differential equations
- Numerical solution of variational inequalities
- Function approximation with artificial neural networks
- The semismooth Newton method for the solution of nonsmooth PDEs
- Error analysis of optimal control problems governed by elliptic PDEs
The above list is not exhaustive. We will discuss the organization of the seminar in a meeting
at the beginning of the lecture period. The language of the seminar will be English or German
depending on the preferences of the participants. For the examination modalities of the seminar,
please see entry MTH-2090 in the module handbook.